Mas Olas is for Las Olas alumnae that are ready to
develop their surfing beyond the basics. This is
a more challenging, guided safari with daily road
trips or boat trips to more remote waves, and personalized
instruction. Guests can improve techniques, build
confidence, and surf more challenging waves. Because
this safari is limited to just six guests with
two instructors, it is more like a surf trip with
your surf sisters.
• Scheduled ground transportation to and from Puerto
• Four nights accommodations in tropical oceanfront
villas (includes all local taxes)
• Three days of trips to remote surf spots, with
personalized, intermediate surf instruction
• A private one-on-one surf lesson with your instructor
• Fiberglass and epoxy-resin surfboards
• Your own sport water-bottle and special Mas Olas
• Clinics on footwork, surfboard basics and weather
and wave forecasting
• Three meals a day
• Bellhop service for arrival and departure
• Daily maid service, including fresh bath towels
and guest robes
• Use of safety deposit box or travel safe
• Concierge service, hours from 8am to 7pm
• Gratuities included for hotel and restaurant service
• Massage is available at an additional cost, prior
scheduling is required
Orientation will include a review of local conditions,
equipment and a refresher course on surf etiquette.
Your day begins with breakfast in the village,
followed by surf gear prep and a trip to a remote
surf break each day. Because there are only six
guests, surf sessions are typically longer than
a Las Olas session. Lunch will be hosted at local
cafes near the surf break before heading back to
the village for afternoon activities.
Each afternoon, a surf clinic will be held at our
Casita. Surf clinics might cover:
* how to read a break from the beach, rips, channels,
hazards, the line-up
* weather and wave forecasting, using websites, tide
charts and other tools
* how to care for surfboards; scraping, waxing, ding
repair, storage and transportation
* women's surf history
Dinner is at your leisure each evening using the
Las Olas peso cards. The last morning will include
a dawn patrol surf session at our home break (conditions
allowing), followed by breakfast and taxi shuttles
to the airport.
Instructors are hand-selected professional surf instructors
with years of teaching experience, as well as being
some of the top surfers in competitive women's
surfing today. Instructor Kristy Murphy was the
2005 Women's World Longboard Champion; instructors
Julie Cox and Ashley Lloyd are professional surfers
and active in many aspects of women's longboarding,
back to top
• You must be an alumnae of Las Olas.
• You must honestly determine if you are qualified
to join Mas Olas. You must be a competent swimmer
and experienced surfer, with a minimum of 'beginner'
surf skills. It is your responsibility to assess
your surf abilities. If your abilities are less than
the minimum requirements, you may be denied participation
in surfing activities while on safari. See below
for surf experience descriptions.
• You must be in good health, in good physical condition
and free of injuries.
• You must be at least 14 to join, and accompanied
by an adult if under 18. There is no maximum age
• To enter and return from Mexico, guests need a
valid passport with at least six months remaining
before expiration All guests are responsible for
proof of citizenship documents.
• All Las Olas guests must read and agree to the
terms of Las Olas' Release of Liability and Assumption
of All Risks form, prior to registering for a safari
or booking travel arrangements. You may request the
Release form and Reservation form once you have determined
that you are qualified to join.
• Beginner: I understand surf etiquette, have knowledge
of basic surf skills; but I struggle to manage
my position in the lineup, and/or catch waves unassisted.
• Intermediate: I can catch waves unassisted, and
I'm able to manage my position in the lineup; but
I'm struggling with some techniques (pop-up, directional
control on the wave, board control after the wave).
• Advanced: I can pop-up, turn my board, and
control my board; but want to work on advanced turning,
position on the wave, footwork, or riding more challenging
(All rates are per person):
Shared Casual Bungalow $2,295
Shared room in Enclosed Villa $2,550
Pay in full at least 90 days in advance of your safari,
based on availability:
Shared Casual Bungalow $2,095
Shared room in Enclosed Villa $2,350
Casual Bungalows for two guests, guests will be
matched with a roommate
Bungalows are beach level, enclosed studios with
two twin beds, a bathroom, and kitchenette. Although
they do not offer a private terrace, just open the
shutter doors to take in the ocean view or enjoy
the lounge chairs just steps from the ocean's edge.
The cobblestone road outside your door may have foot
and auto traffic during the day, but we are located
at the edge of the village where evenings are tranquil.
Enclosed Villas for four guests, guests will be
matched with roommates
Enclosed villas are generally one flight up and comparable
to a two bedroom, two bathroom house a la Mexicana.
The villa includes a great room, kitchen, and shaded
balcony complete with patio furniture for enjoying
your relaxing ocean view. Glass doors let in plenty
of natural light or swing them open for ocean breezes.
back to top
1. Check current availability and request a 24-hour
courtesy hold by calling 831-625-5748 or e-mailing
to firstname.lastname@example.org. Availability is not guaranteed
without a courtesy hold confirmation.
2. Request a set of Mas Olas reservation forms to
be sent via email, fax or mail.
3. Fill out both forms completely and fax back to
831-625-4267. Reservations may also be made over
the phone, then mail your forms to Las Olas, Post
Office Box 4669, Carmel-by-the-Sea, California 93921
4. A Reservation Confirmation will be e-mailed to
Reservations require payment at the time the reservation
is made. Visa, Mastercard, Amex and checks are accepted.
Feel free to contact us with specific questions,
and let us know if there is a specific date you are
back to top